Yesterday I pulled all the screws, routed the bottom and laminated a sheet of 1/2" plywood to the outside of the transom. I also glued a mahogany cap on the stem.
This morning I pulled more screws, shaped the stem and filled all the holes with thickened epoxy. Tomorrow I will sand the skiff one more time and round the edges of the bottom so the fiberglass fabric will roll nicely from the bottom to the sides. Jonboy went out of town, so I need to find some help with the glassing!
[av_gallery ids=’22401,22402′ style=’thumbnails’ preview_size=’portfolio’ crop_big_preview_thumbnail=’avia-gallery-big-crop-thumb’ thumb_size=’portfolio’ columns=’5′ imagelink=’lightbox’ lazyload=’avia_lazyload’]