So…Jonboy came to me a month ago and said he wanted me to do a couple things to the skiff I built him last year.
He didn’t like the way she rode in a following sea, so I decided to make some changes in the bottom. I cut about six feet of the bottom off, from the stem aft. I changed the shape of the forefoot, added about four inches of rocker and replanked with a little bit of deadrise instead of a completely flat bottom like before. After glassing, smearing and sanding the bottom, I had to remake the spray rails up forward, install and glass. Next he wanted a tackle locker/leaning post, so I built that, glassed and installed. I figured that while I was at it I might as well repaint, so I sanded the hull and today shot primer. Tomorrow we should have the primer sanded and ready for topcoat.
[av_gallery ids=’23406,23407,23408,23409,23410,23414,23412,23415′ style=’thumbnails’ preview_size=’portfolio’ crop_big_preview_thumbnail=’avia-gallery-big-crop-thumb’ thumb_size=’portfolio’ columns=’5′ imagelink=’lightbox’ lazyload=’avia_lazyload’]